A new twist on an old favorite.
- 1 boneless top sirloin steak (1 lb/450 g)
- 1 cup (250 ml) Caesar salad dressing
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 6 slices French bread sliced in 1” (2 ½ cm) slices
- 12 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container.
- In a bowl, combine salad dressing, mustard and lemon juice; set aside ¾ cup (180 ml).
- Pour remaining dressing mixture over steak. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Brush both sides of bread with ¼ cup (60 ml) of the reserved dressing mixture.
- Grill bread, uncovered, over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Wrap in foil and set aside.
- Drain steak, discarding marinade.
- Grill, covered, for 4 to 7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Place romaine and tomato on serving platter.
- Slice steak diagonally; arrange over salad.
- Serve with the bread and remaining dressing. Serves 6.