Marinated Prairie Bison Salad
Alberta Bison Association: A Taste of Alberta 1997
Quantity Ingredients Yield: 4 Portions Dressing
- 60 ml ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
- 80 ml 1/3 cup Canola oil
- 10 ml 2 tsp. Chili oil
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 15 ml 1 tbsp. Sundried tomatoes
- 2.5 ml ½ tsp. Lemon juice, fresh
- 12 Butter lettuce leaves
- 4 portions Assorted baby greens
- 125 g 4 ½ oz. Bison meat, lean
- 30 ml 2 tbsp. Sesame seeds
- 4 sprigs Fresh mint
- 30 ml 2 tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- Prepare dressing and set to the side.
- Slice the Bison into thin medallions and marinate in the dressing for at least 2 hours.
- Drain marinade and reserve.
- Sear the medallions very briefly if you prefer the meat partially cooked and chill for 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange butter leaves on plates.
- Top the butter leaves with the baby greens and lay the Bison medallions on top of the greens.
- Drizzle with the reserved dressing.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped cilantro.
- Garnish with sprig of mint.