A cantonese specialty!
Serves 4 Mix together in a bowl, and marinate for at least 15 minutes:
- 2 tsp. Cornstarch
- 2 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Dry Sherry
- 1 tbsp. Water
Add to mixture above and stir:
- 3/4 Ib. Bison Stir Fry Strips. cut diagonally into 1/8 inch thick pieces
Stir into meat mixture:
Prepare Cooking Sauce, stir well and set aside:
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Curry Powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 tbsp. Catsup
Prepare remaining ingredients, and have at your finger tips:
- 2 large stalks Celery, cut into 1/4 inch thick, diagonal pieces 1 medium Onion. cut into wedges with layers separated 1 Green Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares
- 3 medium-size Tomatoes; cut each tomato into 6 wedges
- Salt to taste
- 1 clove Garlic. minced
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh Ginger
- 1/4 cup Salad Oil\
Permission for this recipe courtesy of the National Bison Foundation and is published in Bison is Heart Healthy.
- Heat wok. When hot, add 2 tbsp. salad oil.
- As oil is heating, add ginger and garlic and stir once.
- Add meat mixture and stir fry just until meat is browned (about 1 minute), remove from wok and set aside.
- Pour remaining 1 ½ tbsp. salad oil into wok.
- To hot oil add onion and celery. Stir fry about 1 minute, add a few drops water if wok seems dry.
- Add tomatoes and stir fry 1 more minute. Return meat to wok.
- After stirring Cooking Sauce, add it to wok. Stir until sauce boils and thickens. Season to taste with salt.