Paupiette de Bison Nakiska
Alberta Bison Association: A Taste of Alberta 1997
Quantity Ingredients Yield: 4 Portions
- 4 x 180g 4 x 6 oz. Bison cutlets
- 175 g total 6 oz. Wild mushrooms, sliced
- Sweet peppers, cut in julienne strips
- Shallots, minced Cilantro, chopped
- Seasoned Flour
- Salt and Pepper
- 200 ml 7 oz. Bison demi-glaze
- 30 ml 2 tbsp. Sour cream
- 15 ml 1 tbsp. Honey mustard
- Trim Bison.
- If not already portioned, cut Bison into 180 g cutlets.
- Sauté mushrooms, peppers, shallots and cilantro.
- Arrange sautéed vegetable mixture evenly on seasoned cutlets.
- Roll into cylinder shapes and secure with a toothpick.
- Dredge in seasoned flour.
- Sear Bison rolls in a pan on high heat until lightly browned on all surfaces.
- Remove rolls from the pan and turn heat down to medium to deglaze pan with demi-glaze.
- Return the Bison to the pan and simmer or bake just till the meat is tender. Be sure not to dry out Bison.
- Remove Bison from the sauce and add sour cream and honey mustard.
- Simmer sauce for 5 minutes. Strain sauce.
- Arrange Paupiettes of Bison on a plate and nappe (top) with sauce.