An awesome steak mix featured at the Edmonton Women's Show in 2002.
- 6 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 oz. brandy
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 anchovies
- 1/2 Tbsp. capers
- 1 gherkin
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 6 shots tobasco
- 3 shots wooster
- salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- traditional ale to taste
- green peppercorns to taste
- Add all of the ingredients, except green peppercorns and ale, to a robo-coupe and puree well.
- Chop the meat to desired consistency (fine or coarse). Add mixture to the meat until desired taste is achieved.
- Slightly crush the green peppercorns, as many to taste, and mix into the meat with the ale, being careful not to make it too wet (besides, you want to drink most of the ale). Adjust salt content if necessary.
- Serve with dry rye toast and with chilled butter or serve with well drained deep-fried rye bread.
- Garnish with red onion and raw egg yolk in the half shell, or capers, pimento and anchovies.
- Drink the rest of the ale!