Bison & Plating Method with Coconut Green Curry Sauce
Marinated bison flank steak with a special sauce. 2002 Culinary Competition Participant
- 6 portions marinated bison flank steak
- 2 cups coconut green curry sauce (see below)
- 6 cups blanched thai noodles
- 2 cups peanut sauce (see below)
Thai Peanut Sauce, Yield 1 Litre
- In a medium pot, heat coconut green curry sauce, add in thai noodles and cook until hot (1-2 minutes)stirring well. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- On your grill, cook bison until medium (5-6 minutes). Remove from gill and slice on the bias.
- To plate:
- In 6 large bowls, divide the noodles evently, top with bison and serve with peanut sauce.
- Your favorite vegetable and merlot may be served with this as well.
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup soya sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fine chopped red pepper
- 1 green onion - fine chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Coconut Green Curry Sauce
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized pot. On low heat, mix until everything is incorporated being careful not to burn it.
- Once everything is incorporated, remove it from the heat. It is ready to serve over your favorite bison steak.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp. green curry paste
- 1 tsp. coconut compound
- Mix all ingredients together.